Delhi, the national capital, has consistently enjoyed a real estate boom due to its connectivity, infrastructure and per capita income. The National Capital Region (NCR), which contributed 18% of the total supply of luxury homes across the top seven cities, was the third biggest contributor to the supply of luxury homes in 2021. Business moguls and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) continue to purchase residential homes in South Delhi, which has significantly boosted Delhi’s housing market.
Reputable real estate developers are entering the South Delhi market to construct luxury dwelling developments, keeping in mind the location benefit. South Delhi is regarded by many as one of the safest neighbourhoods in Delhi. In South Delhi, crime rates have decreased and women’s safety has received more attention in recent years. Housing societies have CCTV security cameras installed on their property. Police vans also maintain a close eye on the miscreants. Building and residential society gates are guarded, and surveillance cameras record each movement.
Okhla is one such neighbourhood in South Delhi that is currently gaining a lot of attention as a result of its quick real estate development. This suburb locality is divided into Okhla Industrial area, which has 3 phases, Okhla residential settlement region, and the Okhla Village. Okhla is expected to become one of South Delhi’s best known neighbourhoods as a result of the area’s quick industrialization and subsequent surge in demand for upscale property. Meanwhile, flats inOkhla and Okhla properties are only rising in their demand and prices. There are 20+ ready to move-in flats in Okhla, with a 2 BHK flat in Okhla for sale, ranging from 12 lakhs to 4.7 crores.
Okhla :Strategic location and connectivity to numerous facilities
Okhla is closely connected to many South Delhi development regions.
- The National Highway (NH) 19 provides access to the neighbourhood. It is close to the Violet Line of the Delhi Metro, Okhla Railway Station, HazratNizamuddin Railway Station, as well as local and international airports.
- Additionally, Okhla is surrounded by desirable neighbourhoods like Mathura Road, New Friends Colony, Nehru Place, SukhdevVihar, and Greater Kailash, to mention a few.
- Due to the presence of numerous offices for multinational corporations (MNCs), call centres, showrooms, and media group operations, the neighbourhood is also experiencing a surge in demand for residential spaces.
Many real estate developers are offering people a wide range of choices for flats in Okhla, from 1 BHK to 4 BHK in a variety of projects for customers with varying budgets and needs. One of the most renowned Okhla properties is that of Godrej South Estate with 2, 3, and 4 BHK flats. A premier project of Godrej Properties, Okhla, it is perfect for the ones who have a taste for luxury. Godrej South Estate is priced from 2 to 7 crores, making it attractive for a diverse group of homeowners.
Okhla :Social infrastructure
Good social infrastructure is present in the neighbourhood, including prestigious hotels, IB schools, public and commercial banks, and multi-specialty hospitals.
- The Okhla neighbourhood is home to a number of prestigious institutions and colleges, including Dev Samaj Model High School, God’s Grace School, Scholar School, GovindBallabh Pant Government Engineering College, GB Pant Institute of Technology, NDIM-New Delhi Institute of Management, and many others.
- Major medical facilities include Holy Family Hospital, Maxfort Hospital, AlshifaMultispeciality Hospital, and Fortis Escorts Hospital OPD. Along with having excellent healthcare and educational facilities.
- Okhla also boasts a bird sanctuary, a beautiful location that undoubtedly offers sights of some unusual aquatic birds. This tranquil area, which covers 3.5 sq km, is a popular refuge for those from the city. This enables potential homeowners to benefit from some energising time amidst the grace and allure of nature.
- The health officials have also been taking measures to lessen the air and water pollution in the city by allocating sanitary staff on a regular basis. Numerous water treatment facilities exist to address the city’s water shortage issue while also supplying high-quality drinking water.
As a result of its excellent amenities, central position, and excellent connections, Okhla has established itself as a prime location. Additionally, the natural living circumstances in this area have improved, and its citizens have plenty of employment options. Okhla can be considered one of the most popular residential areas in South Delhi given its accessibility and infrastructure development.